Monday, July 30, 2007

Untitled Prayer

I had just driven home from my friend's place and it was almost midnight. When I got out of the car and looked up at the sky, I saw that the full moon was coming out of the clouds into view and the stars were shining. I decided that I would say the shema outside tonight under the stars.

Usually I say it right as I'm laying down to sleep. And after I finish saying the shema I add thanks to Hashem for the day and add some personal prayers of my own.

Tonight, after I said the shema under the stars, I prayed for personal strength. I prayed for Hashem to be with me as I go through this rough patch. I'm losing one of my close friends, and I'm deeply suffering while this is happening. I asked Him to watch over me and keep me going. I also asked for Him to help my friend find his way, even if we're never to be together again.

I pray that this prayer is a lasting one.

No comments: